You’ve heard before that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Here’s why:
- Eating after a good night’s sleep kick-starts your metabolism, fuels up your body and brain, getting you ready and energised to face the day.
- Eating breakfast helps to balance your mood, lower your stress levels, improve your memory and help you concentrate.
- Growing children, men and women all need energy – breakfast supplies the kilojoules we need to start the day right.
- Eating breakfast has long-term health benefits that enhance your health and wellness.
- Eating a good breakfast helps with weight-control by preventing hunger and binge-eating.
- A healthy breakfast can enhance your health and help your body fight off illness
- A healthy breakfast is part of a balanced, heart-healthy diet
- Eating breakfast daily helps establish life-long healthy eating habits, especially for growing children.